Today I went through notebooks, binders, notes I wrote on my not-always-so-smart phone, and collected a lot of the quotes I've kept that Kaitlyn has said. In going through all those notes, I've realized I have failed to return many calls or sign forms that look especially official. Sorry.
So, in Kaitlyn's words (over the last few months):
"I really like to have dry hands in case I have a run in with technology. Plus, I'm really not a fan of being electrocuted. I just love knowing how to stay electric free."
"Do doctors make deals? Like if I say I'll draw 50 hearts, would that make a deal for no feedings? Or could you just make them cookies if they're real healthy and fancy?"
"It's great to be a Kaitlyn. I love being me!"
"Hey mommy. Is it the middle of the night? I can tell because you're answering me really slower."
"Where is this France you speak of?"
"I love the sunlight best when it calms down and darkens up a bit."
"If I went on an airplane, I'd just come right back home."
"Sometimes we just love because we love. Like dolphins. I don't know the why, but I love them."
"in the night, if I say MOMMY really loud, sometimes you bonk into things. So I try and say it quieter if I remember."
"My favorite things is art, projects and making designs for dresses. But the most important thing is to love."
"Sometimes I don't learn something. I just know it."
"I would like the doctors to give me back the bones I used to have. These ones don't work so well."
"We all have a little bit of sneaky in us. I know about the chocolate under the kitchen towels, Mommy."
Art by Kaitlyn is one of the best surprises in a given day. She'll make
pictures for us, and place them where we'll see them. It's contagious too, this art parade they do. A few days ago, the coffee pot was labeled, "I love you Mommy." which was our Kaitlyn. And the next morning, the coffee pot was labeled "crime scene. NYPD." which was all Kai. Kai will also surprise Kaitlyn by making her pictures and folding them next to her when she's asleep, and she saves all of them.
Another one for her doctor...
This is the letter she worked on for 2 days. She asked how to spell words, but this is all her. This was the first letter she wrote out since writing the one to the president about turning the White House purple for epilepsy.
She was mad about starting TPN, so made this for her doctor to show him how it made her have "the itches".
For Rita, one of the many awesome nurses who Kaitlyn loves.
She surprised Kai and I both with this, and put it on the table. You can tell when she's about to put art somewhere, she's all giggles.
For her neurologist in SF. "she's my doctor in the city and she helps me not have the shakies. She always has blankets and fixes my magnet. Everyone in the city has to know her."
For her gastroenterologist.. she really likes him, but she was mad that she had to have tube feedings, so she's letting him know. I love how she still has flowers, and they're both happy. The spunk in Kaitlyn shows here too, she's the only one with an umbrella. Then she felt bad, so she made him another one-with hearts and no rain.
For her Kai..
What Kaitlyn says a seizure feels like..
A "no seizure" day

All of this is so wonderful -- I especially like her comment about France. Hilarious! And that photo of her at the top is gorgeous -- she is really the most ethereally beautiful young lady.
ReplyDeleteKaitlyn, you are awesome. You and Queen Teen need to meet.
ReplyDelete